Construction Superintendent - Chico, CA
Idaho Pacific West Builders, of The Pacific Companies, has been fortunate enough to grow to one of the largest affordable housing general contractors in the state of California at over $1B in contracts. As a result of our affordable housing pipeline of 90+ projects, comprised of 12,000+ units, over the next 3-5 years, we are looking for accomplished multifamily superintendents. We offer long term career stability and no out of state travel. Steady work flow and incentive structure result in superior compensation.
Our family oriented culture fosters both respect and autonomy.
Our vertical integration ensures agility and lessons bureaucracy.
Our substantial pipeline leads to a stronger subcontractor network, which results in faster and easier project execution.
‘This is the best Company I have ever worked for. I see the respect this company has for one another. TPC treats everyone like family. Thanks for believing in me.’
~ Ray – current Superintendent
‘After over 30 years in this business, I can say that I am thankful to have been made a part of this team.’
~ Charles – current Superintendent
(*We are happy to provide our own subcontractor and superintendent references for qualified candidates.)
• Hold pre-construction tactics (Plan Constructability Review, Site Logistics and Schedule Coordination)
• Superior ability to manage commitments – make requests, hold promises, gather assertions, provide assessments
• Create, maintain and enforce a safe jobsite environment
• Produce, maintain and execute schedule
• Help to ensure compliance with budget
• Supervise and coordinate all construction activity, including those of trade contractors
• Ensure project materials and workmanship meet company quality standards and design requirements
• Obtain necessary information from engineers, designers, inspectors, municipal/provincial authorities and clients.
• Advise project manager of potential problems that impact budget, schedule, quality and safety.
• Maintain project tactics, schedule, 3-week look ahead, and daily job reports.
• 8+ years of experience working in a Superintendent role
• Experience in Multi-Family Unit Construction
• Experience in Vertical Concrete Apprenticeship or work in related trades helpful or preferred in some instances
• In-depth knowledge of the construction industry and company operations, including construction specifications, construction plans, building materials, methods, and procedures
• Proven competency and training to lead the safety program on the job-site
• Proven experience in leading large subcontractor teams as a Superintendent
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word, Outlook and other operational systems
• Experience leading and assessing trade performance on the job site
• In-depth knowledge of all required and special inspections.
• Ability to resolve issues at the field level and escalate to the proper authority for resolution.
• Experience with creating and monitoring a project schedule’s critical path
• Ability to schedule, monitor and forecast resources for optimum efficiency
Consider this opportunity for your career