Construction Superintendent - Grass Valley, CA
We are seeking an experienced Superintendent to work on our Grass Valley, CA project.
- Creates and maintains a safe work environment throughout the job-site while adhering to legislative safety requirements.
- Creates, maintains and executes the project plan and schedule while helping to ensure compliance with budget.
- Supervises and coordinates all construction activities including those of trade contractors
- Creates site specific plans and procedures to be implemented through project duration.
- Ensures project materials and workmanship meet project quality standards and design requirements
- Obtains necessary information from engineers, designers, inspectors, municipal/provincial authorities and clients.
- Advises senior management of potential problems, work interferences and/or schedule difficulties while assisting in resolving such conflicts.
- Anticipates and resolves project issues and schedule difficulties.
- Provides input on costing and forecasting, working closely with the Project Manager.
- Maintains the project’s daily job diary.
- 8+ years of experience working in a Superintendent role
- Experience in Multi-Family Unit Construction
- Experience in Vertical Concrete
- Apprenticeship or work in related trades
- In-depth knowledge of the construction industry and company operations, including construction specifications, construction plans, building materials, methods, and procedures
- Proven competency and training to lead the safety program on the job-site
- Proven experience in leading large subcontractor teams as a Superintendent
- Ability to work in a high performance, fast paced, team environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word, Outlook and other operational systems
- Experience leading and assessing trade performance on the job site
- Ability to apply basic engineering principles to construction challenges
- Proficiency with visualizing the entire project and anticipating constructability issues and embed solutions in the construction plans and schedules
- Experience with creating and monitoring a project schedule’s critical path
- Ability to schedule, monitor and forecast resources for optimum efficiency
- Understanding and experience to know when to seek professional advice
- Experience managing others and assuming responsibility for the many facets of the construction project
- Previous Experience in Modular Construction
Our accomplished team and vertically integrated configuration has produced more than 140 successful multifamily, charter schools and special-use projects throughout the western US, representing over $1.5 billion in asset value. The result is a diverse and thriving portfolio that satisfies the expectations of residents, investors, and communities.
The Pacific Companies is considered an essential service, with our main focus on construction of affordable housing.