Construction Superintendent - Sanger, CA
Pacific West Builders is looking for accomplished superintendents that are seeking to work for an industry-leading company that offers our superintendents the opportunity to exercise their unique leadership style to achieve the desired outcomes, but ensures agility and lessens bureaucracy. We have a family-oriented culture and are interested in developing and supporting your career. With a large portfolio and future pipeline of projects, we offer stability and avoid excessive travel. Our vertical integration results in faster decision making and quicker delivery of projects. If this sounds like a position and company you want to be part of, please consider this unique opportunity.
- Creates and maintains a safe work environment throughout the job-site while adhering to legislative safety requirements.
- Creates, maintains and executes the project plan and schedule while helping to ensure compliance with budget.
- Supervises and coordinates all construction activities including those of trade contractors
- Creates site-specific plans and procedures to be implemented through project duration.
- Ensures project materials and workmanship meet project quality standards and design requirements
- Obtains necessary information from engineers, designers, inspectors, municipal/provincial authorities and clients.
- Advises senior management of potential problems, work interferences and/or schedule difficulties while assisting in resolving such conflicts.
- Anticipates and resolves project issues and schedule difficulties.
- Provides input on costing and forecasting, working closely with the Project Manager.
- Maintains the project’s daily job diary.
- 8+ years of experience working in a Superintendent role
- Experience in Multi-Family Unit Construction
- Experience in Vertical Concrete
- Apprenticeship or work in related trades
- In-depth knowledge of the construction industry and company operations, including construction specifications, construction plans, building materials, methods, and procedures
- Proven competency and training to lead the safety program on the job-site
- Proven experience in leading large subcontractor teams as a Superintendent
- Ability to work in a high performance, fast paced, team environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word, Outlook and other operational systems
- Experience leading and assessing trade performance on the job site
- Ability to apply basic engineering principles to construction challenges
- Proficiency with visualizing the entire project and anticipating constructability issues and embed solutions in the construction plans and schedules
- Experience with creating and monitoring a project schedule’s critical path
- Ability to schedule, monitor and forecast resources for optimum efficiency
- Understanding and experience to know when to seek professional advice
- Experience managing others and assuming responsibility for the many facets of the construction project
Our accomplished team and vertically integrated configuration has produced more than 140 successful multifamily, charter schools and special-use projects throughout the western US, representing over $1.5 billion in asset value. The result is a diverse and thriving portfolio that satisfies the expectations of residents, investors, and communities.
The Pacific Companies is considered an essential service, with our main focus on construction of affordable housing.